Speaking Engagements | Webinars
Cyberinsurance Issues for 2019: Leveraging Insurance to Fund Cyber Liabilities and Losses
Ransomware events, hacking incidents, cyberattacks, and social engineering schemes continue to plague organizations in industries of all sizes across the globe. Given that this trend is not going away, it is critical for companies to understand how insurance programs cover the costs of resolving liabilities and costs flowing from the inevitable cyberattack or data breach. Relying on insurance to cover costs, losses, and liabilities from cyber events is a key part of risk management today.
Join Barnes & Thornburg’s Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group for a 60-minute CLE webinar during which our coverage partners will explore the types of insurance available to fund losses and liabilities due to cyber events and the important policy provisions to consider in purchasing and negotiating terms of coverage.
The presentation focuses on the following questions:
- How can you translate insurance company jargon so that in-house counsel and risk managers understand what coverages they’re buying and what they need?
- What steps should you take, and what trap doors should you avoid, to ensure that claims under traditional and cyber-specific insurance policies are made to maximize your recovery?
- Do “traditional” insurance policies respond to data breaches or cyber-attacks?
- How should you structure an insurance program to make sure it responds in case of a data breach or attack?
- What are the trends in the case law involving disputed claims for coverage for data breaches or cyberattacks?
- What steps can you take to get the most coverage for your claim?
Time: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
1.0 Hour CLE Credit Pending
Questions? Contact Jodie Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 261-7922.