Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment
Barnes & Thornburg is committed to equal employment opportunity in both principle and as a matter of policy. We will recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and provide benefits to all applicants and employees without regard to ancestry, sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, religious creed, mental and/or physical disability, medical condition, military and/or veteran’s status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all recruiting, hiring, promotions, upgrades, layoffs, compensation, benefits, terminations and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The firm complies fully with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Our Core Values
- We strive to reflect the clients we serve and the communities in which we have the privilege to practice law.
- We define, promote, and embrace diversity broadly to foster authentic inclusion.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion permeates every aspect of how we conduct business.
- We are responsible stewards of our resources, taking care to use our influence, brand, purchasing power, and thought leadership to drive diversity, equity and inclusion growth outside the walls of our firm.
- We proactively seek out and pursue opportunities to better support, empower, and promote our talent.We continuously look for innovative solutions to remain effective, relevant, and in tune with our clients’ values and business objectives.