Ann Grayson Partner
Ann's more than 20 years of experience allows her to design practical solutions for the complicated challenges faced by her clients, while minimizing and managing future risk and cost. She has authored and co-authored related publications and speaks on topics such as knowledge management, e-discovery and emerging technologies.
Some of Ann's recent work experience includes:
- Managing all aspects of e-discovery in the context of single plaintiff, class action and complex multidistrict litigation
- Leveraging technology-assisted review and other data analytics to reduce data processing, review and production costs
- Acting as e-discovery counsel in partnership with merits counsel in a myriad of matters, including marital dissolution, FERC litigation, insurance claims, product liability and intellectual property
- Advising multinational corporations on U.S. litigation readiness and data privacy compliance strategies
- Working with clients to develop best practices in knowledge management policies and practices regarding all types of corporate data including emerging technologies such as mobile devices, social media and collaboration tools
- Helping clients implement sound retention and defensible disposition protocols
Further, as chair of the firm's eDiscovery and Knowledge Management Practice Group, Ann provides e-discovery risk assessments; assists with the development of e-discovery playbooks to ensure consistent practices; provides guidance regarding vendor selection and management and facilitates cooperation and communication among clients' Legal, Information Technology and Records Management departments.
Ann is a member of The Sedona Conference' Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production (WG-1) and of the International Electronic Information Management, Discovery and Disclosure Working Group (WG-6). Ann is an active member of TerraLex's Technology & Digital Business Practice Group and is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals along with several other trade associations.
Ann earned her B.A., cum laude, in 1992 from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and her J.D. in 1995 from the University of Minnesota. She is admitted to practice law in the state of Indiana and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.