Our experience in the drug and medical device industry includes:
- National counsel for nearly 30 years for one of the world's largest medical device companies and its cutting-edge technology. Cases typically involve complex issues of design, manufacture, biomechanics, tribology, metallurgy, materials science, failure analysis, issues of federal preemption and applying Daubert or Frye to the medical device arena
- Defense of more than 1,000 medical device products liability actions filed in state and federal courts in 49 states and in foreign jurisdictions
- Trial counsel in high-stakes drug and medical device litigation across the country
- Trial counsel on medical device multidistrict litigation
- Litigation counsel to several of the nation's largest drug manufacturers in individual cases, mass torts and multidistrict litigation
- Conducting and assisting with internal investigations and addressing corporate and white collar crime issues
Barnes & Thornburg's drug and medical device practice is uniquely positioned to address clients- needs in an efficient, economical and results-driven manner through effective early case assessment, budgeting and case management.
Our experience managing complex litigation and discovery issues helps us prepare clients for even the most document-heavy litigation. Barnes & Thornburg's litigation teams have experience with virtually every injury claim and defense of class actions, as well as the coordination of lawsuits pending in multiple jurisdictions, defense of multidistrict litigation, and patent infringement and other intellectual property litigation.