New Economy New Rules: Inside the Deal
Description: In February, Smarter Remarketer -- a marketing automation and intelligence platform for online retailers -- secured $7 million in venture financing in a round led by Boston-based Battery Ventures. Battery has a long history of investing in companies based in Central Indiana, including ExactTarget, Angie’s List and Consona Corp.
Join us for a discussion with executives from Smarter Remarketer about the process, preparation and execution that it took to secure this investment, as well as other funding efforts. Christopher Day, one of the area’s foremost tech deal funding and M&A insiders, wasn’t directly involved with the Smarter Remarketer deal, but will offer an investment banking perspective and compare and contrast other recent deals during the discussion.
- What are funders looking for in business plans?
- How big of a return are most funding sources looking for from their investments?
- What do VCs look for in company leadership?
- Which funding approach is right for me?
Answers to these questions and more will be explored at this New Economy New Rules event. Submit your funding questions for the panel via Twitter with hashtag #NENR or click here for the panel questions form.\
When: Friday, May 2, 2014 | 8 a.m. EST (registration/breakfast) | 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. EST (presentation)
Where: Barnes & Thornburg LLP | 11 S. Meridian St. | Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Angel Morales, Co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Smarter Remarketer
- Matt Tyner, Director of Finance, Smarter Remarketer
- Christopher Day, Managing Principal, Navidar Group
Other Barnes & Thornburg offices in Elkhart, South Bend and Fort Wayne; sometimes available in B&T offices in Chicago, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, Atlanta (GA), Minneapolis and Columbus (OH).
Also cooperating facilities in Evansville, Kokomo, Merrillville, and Scottsburg.
If you register and become unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.