Sued at the ITC and Need a Silver Bullet? Try Redesigns
2 p.m.-3 p.m. (Eastern)
In this latest installment concerning Section 337 matters, our panel will discuss various issues with redesigns and how critical they can be in responding to an International Trade Commission (ITC) investigation.
Topics will include:
- When to introduce a redesigned product (ITC or Customs)
- Best practices to ensure that a redesign gets adjudicated while the rightsholder remains under the burden of proving infringement vs. after an ITC enforcement order is issued, when the burden shifts to the importer to prove they do not infringe
- Practical tips to overcome rightsholder efforts to keep the redesign from being addressed in the ITC proceeding
- Strategies by the rightsholder to keep redesigns out of ITC litigation (and, later, out of the United States)
- Positioning your redesign product for U.S. Customs review as a backup to your ITC redesign
This program was rescheduled from an earlier date.
Questions? Email Lindsay Bostic or call 317-231-7382.