Barnes & Thornburg has a long-standing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of its core values. Our diversity, equity and inclusion strategic platform works to make sure these core values permeate every aspect of our operations, inclusive of our supplier engagements.
Our diverse supplier program promotes value-driven stewardship and creates opportunities to expand our business relationships with diverse suppliers. The program also helps us to better benefit our clients and the communities we are privileged to serve by continuing to create equal opportunities of consideration for all suppliers in our buying processes.
- Diverse Business Enterprise (DBE): A diverse business enterprise is an organization that is at least 51% unconditionally owned and controlled day to day by one or more individuals who are members of a socially or economically disadvantaged group. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals who are ethnically or racially diverse, female, disabled, part of the LGBTQ+ community, and/or a military veteran.
- Certified DBE: A certified DBE is one that is formally approved by a state or governing agency signifying that the business is actually owned, controlled, and operated sufficient to qualify as a DBE. Certifications vary across the country. Typical certifications include Minority-owned Business Enterprises (MBE), Women-owned Business Enterprises (WBE), LGBTQ+ owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBE), and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE); however, there are many more. We welcome and encourage all certified DBEs to explore work opportunities with Barnes & Thornburg, and only ask that you provide proof of your particular certification during the registration process.
Barnes & Thornburg expects all businesses interested in working with the firm to provide only the highest quality goods and services. This expectation requires the supplier to be, at a minimum:
- Ethical in all transactions, having integrity and a commitment to honoring the firm’s confidentiality
- Innovative in approaches to meeting the needs of the firm
- Knowledgeable and capable within the enterprise’s area of expertise
- Dedicated to delivering top-quality goods and services (without defects or errors in performance or products)
- Competitively priced
- Timely in delivery of service or products
- Compliant with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- An equal opportunity business with inclusive values
To register as a potential vendor, please email SupplierRegistration@btlaw.com for a password and hyperlink to our registration database. Be sure to include your company name, contact name, and the email address you’d like us to use for a response email.
We invite all suppliers to register as a potential vendor for consideration in our future buying decisions. With each new decision, Barnes & Thornburg will speak with and endeavor to get at least three prospective vendors, with at least one being a Certified DBE. Firm purchasers will use the internal database created from all registered vendors and will evaluate all applicable vendors, factoring in prior experience, references, value, quality, diverse classification, client relationships and all other factors relevant to each buying decision to further promote the firm’s commitment to excellent service.