As technology continues to impact and disrupt the industry, new opportunities develop, and our attorneys are there to identify and promote your interests in this dynamic environment. We help bridge the gap between our clients and music opportunities in burgeoning areas while offering practical and proficient legal advice.
Our attorneys work with premier and developing artists, music companies, media and technology companies, live event producers, agencies and advertisers, vigorously identifying and pursuing opportunities both within the music industry and in the broader entertainment world. We help clients work through the entire life cycle of agreements, from creating and structuring full-service music companies, artist groups and licensing, production and publishing companies, to unwinding relationships when an entity has run its course. We advise clients looking to acquire musical rights for distribution in diverse and emerging channels, including motion pictures, television, advertisements, live theater, software, video games and Internet media, and on issues related to agreements with the American Federation of Musicians and SAG-AFTRA. Our attorneys are at home with virtually every step of a transaction and can assist in valuing, administering, licensing, acquiring and/or selling music and publishing catalogs, and other media rights.
Our attorneys assist in analyzing, negotiating and drafting:
- Recording, producing, distribution, songwriting and publishing agreements
- Music licensing agreements across all distribution channels
- Merchandising, touring and appearance agreements
- Endorsements, sponsorships, advertising, promotions and brand agreements
- Emerging media and technology agreements
- Intra-group agreements governing recording relationships and group ownership
- Management and agency representation agreements
- Film and television executive music producer, composer and soundtrack agreements
- Complex projects involving the clearance of multiparty rights in connection with the exploitation of music properties in all media platforms