Barnes & Thornburg LLP has added new attorneys to its Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Minneapolis offices. The new attorneys are:
- Taylor L. Hunter is a staff attorney and member of the Labor and Employment Law Department. Hunter focuses her practice in the area of education law with an emphasis on employment and student disability matters. Hunter has experience assisting clients in the areas of family law, traffic issues, small claims, criminal law and litigation.
- Michael J.A. Leinauer is a staff attorney in the Indianapolis office. As a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Department, Leinauer focuses his practice on complex mechanical and electrical technologies. Leinauer has experience managing intellectual property portfolios for clients ranging from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies; advising clients on IP and business strategies related to the development, marketing, and transaction of IP assets; preparing, prosecuting and licensing IP-related matters, including patent, trademark and copyright; advising business groups on transactions related to the transfer of IP; and advising foreign associates on matters related to client IP portfolios.
- Sandra M. Ko is an of counsel member of the Litigation Department and the Drug and Medical Device Litigation and the eDiscovery, Data and Document Management practice groups. For nearly a decade, Ko has defended companies in a broad range of commercial and product liability litigations, particularly representing Fortune 500 companies in consumer class actions, multidistrict litigations, coordinated proceedings, and individual product liability cases in federal and state courts nationwide
- Amanda Taber is a staff attorney and member of the Corporate Department and the Entertainment, Media and Sports Practice Group. Taber concentrates her practice in the areas of music, television, media, film, live events, licensing and technology.
- Joseph M. Wahl is an associate and a member of the Litigation Department. He represents institutional and individual clients in high-stakes commercial litigation matters. Wahl has experience in domain name disputes, trade secret, breach of contract and general commercial litigation matters. He has represented clients in trade secret matters involving Fortune 500 and publicly traded companies, in Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings, in arbitration and post-arbitration judicial proceedings, and real estate disputes.
- Heidi J.K. Fessler is of counsel in the firm’s Litigation Department and the eDiscovery, Data and Document Management Practice Group. She concentrates her practice on discovery and data related issues, cyber and data security, and internal investigation services. In addition, Fessler acts as designated national discovery counsel for a large healthcare organization where she works with the organization, external merits counsel and in-house counsel to create defensible and cost-effective discovery practices.
With more than 600 attorneys and other legal professionals, Barnes & Thornburg is one of the largest law firms in the country. The firm serves clients worldwide from 13 offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Delaware, Indiana, Los Angeles, Michigan, Minneapolis, Ohio, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit us online at www.btlaw.com or on Twitter @BTLawNews.