Conducting Ethical and Effective Internal Investigations
Employers face numerous issues when conducting an internal investigation. Under many laws, such as Title VII, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank Acts, and similar state laws, employers are legally obligated to investigate complaints of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, safety, financial irregularity, and ethics in a timely manner. When properly conducted, an internal investigation can help any employer identify risks and remedy potential issues.
Speakers from Barnes & Thornburg and BDO will discuss:
- Insurance Coverage of Internal and External Investigations
- Conducting Internal Investigations
- Engaging an External Investigator
- Ethics: Privilege, Conflict of Interest and Attorney/Witness Rules
- Examining Electronic Data and Privacy Issues
Registration: 2:00 p.m.
Program: 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Reception: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
1.5 Hours CLE and HRCI Credits Pending
Questions? Contact Courtney Brown at email@example.com or (317) 231-7312.