Indiana Chamber Seminar: Remaining Union-Free
With a change in Presidential Administrations, unions are more desperate to organize than ever. That means they will bring new tactics, new themes, and new technology to use against you. Will you be ready? Attend this program and we will make sure you are. It’s a full day of candid discussion of tools and tactics you can use to make you bulletproof, such as the following:
Making Unions Irrelevant to Your Workforce
- Early positive outcomes from the Trump NLRB
- Technology and social media: How unions take advantage
- Current tactics: How are unions changing? What’s in the union’s playbook?
- How unions market themselves to your employees
- Changes in how to prepare for a union election
- Owning the outcome
Avoiding the Union Organizer Altogether
- The toolkit you need in place before the union organizer shows up
- Real-world specific steps you can take to increase your chances of defeating organizing from the first day of employment
- Orientation programs: a frequently overlooked opportunity
- The number one reason employees want to contribute and how you can implement it
- “Salting” – union organizers apply for jobs: what can you do about it?
- Checklist on the probability of remaining union-free
Employee Involvement and Its Role in Staying Union-Free
- The union’s kryptonite: employee involvement programs and how you can lawfully implement them
- How to handle employee grievances to increase your chances of remaining union-free
- Protected concerted activity – how the National Labor Relations Act applies to non-union employees
- Establishing effective communication programs and peer grievance review
- The legal “stuff” you must know to avoid unfair labor practices
- The tactics unions will use to trap you into committing unfair labor practices
Early Recognition of Organizing Activity
- Why employees are vulnerable to union organizing
- Warning signs of union organizing
Responding to Union Activity and Winning the Election
- Responding to authorization cards – do your supervisors know how to answer the two most critical questions about unions?
- Your right to speak – how to advocate your union-free philosophy without violating the law
- Identifying and addressing the issues
- Running a successful and lawful campaign
10-Point Plan on Remaining Union-free
This seminar is ideal for:
- HR Managers
- Hospital Administrators
- Plant Managers
- Automotive Industry
- Retail Industry
BARNES & THORNBURG SPEAKERS
Indiana Chamber member: $399
List price: $499
Use Code: BT25 for 25% discount for our B&T clients
Send two or more and receive a 20% discount. Use promo code GROUP20 at checkout and save.
- This seminar has been approved for 6.5 HRCI recertification credits
- This seminar has been approved for 6.5 SHRM professional development credits
- This seminar awards one credit toward your Human Resources Compliance
- Specialist Certificate. Not enrolled? Click here to learn more!
The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.