Libations and Law: Hospitality Industry Legal Trends and Contract Negotiation Networking Event
Join industry professionals from your area for entertaining legal education and networking. Hospitality industry attorneys Barbara Dunn of Barnes & Thornburg, who represents groups and associations, and Lisa Sommer Devlin of Devlin Law Firm, P.C. who represents hotels, invite you to join them for an informative presentation on current legal issues in the hospitality industry. After the session, continue the discussion at a networking reception with your peers.
Barbara and Lisa will address the legal issues that keep industry professionals up at night, like: lowest-rate, attrition and cancellation clauses; performance impossibility; and indemnification. These experienced industry experts will show you how to resolve differences to create winning contracts.
Attendees will gain insight from the hotel side and from the association side on:
- Recognizing the difference between legal requirements and business agreements in contracts
- Big picture negotiating tips
- How to decipher the fine print to uncover potentially costly phrases
- Strategies for reaching common ground while minimizing risk
- What to do to efficiently resolve disputes on the fly when a situation changes
- How best to avoid litigation if a dispute arises
When: Thursday, May 7
Time: 3 p.m. (Central) Registration | 3:30 - 5 p.m. Reception
Where: Barnes & Thornburg | One N. Wacker Drive | Chicago, IL
Barnes & Thornburg
Lisa Sommer Devlin
Devlin Law Firm, P.C.