Environmental Site Assessments: Critical Considerations
Effective and efficient environmental site assessments are integral for ensuring your commercial real estate clients are aware of any potential residual pollution effects and remediation costs before they finalize real estate deals. Environmental site assessments also prevent decisions that may have costly implications like legal penalties, hidden liabilities and loss of valuable sales. In this course, experienced faculty will teach you how to understand and finalize pre-diligence documentation and agreements, negotiate access to properties, uncover hidden environmental liabilities and more, so you can successfully protect your client's financial interests - for the present and in the future. Register today!
- Examine how to effectively employ the expertise of environmental consultants for in-depth environmental site assessments.
- Expertly counsel clients on both ends: Review the role of environmental assessments from the buyer and seller standpoint.
- Learn techniques for identifying hidden liabilities in Phase I environmental site assessments so you can effectively prevent your client from making bad business decisions.
Who Should Attend
This beneficial program on critical considerations for environmental site assessments is for attorneys. Property appraisers/assessors, commercial real estate agents, commercial insurance claims examiners and paralegals may also benefit.
- Role of Environmental Site Assessments in Business Transactions for Buyers and Sellers
- Utilizing and Locating Environmental Consultants
- Pre-Diligence Documentation and Agreements
- Negotiating Access to the Property
- Lender Involvement in Due Diligence
- Interpreting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments: Locating Potential Liabilities
- Role and Timing of Phase II and Phase III Site Investigations
When: Dec. 10
Time: 2 p.m. EST
Speaker: Tim Haley | Partner | Barnes & Thornburg