- Rewarded to help my wife run a unique hunger ministry dedicated to eradicating hunger in ZIP code 20895
- Blessed to have a wife of 29 years and three children that bring me riches and rewards money can’t buy
- Giddy (almost) every day that I can commute by bicycle, with most of my ride through the woods along the Potomac River (and within sight of the traffic jams I’m avoiding)
- A sports addict – 50 years playing ice hockey, former three-sport college athlete, member of Washington Rugby Hall of Fame, and at peace in life now that my Caps won a Cup
- Always figuring out how things work, hence car mechanic, deck builder, plumber, electrician, Mr. Fix-it
- A former coach, humbled by former players (that now coach) that give me too much credit for teaching life’s lessons on the soccer pitch
"Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success.” – Goethe
This profile appeared in the November 2019 edition of I Am Barnes & Thornburg.