The Multi-Verse of Entertainment Tax Credits and Production Incentives: Maximizing the Benefits for You and Your Client
Production incentives have a real impact on the bottom line of not only production companies (film, television and video games), but also on taxpayers who take advantage of these incentives as a state and local tax mitigation strategy. Hear the latest updates on recent legislative and administrative changes. These incentives also significantly affect the selection of filming locations.
The types of benefits are complex and ever-evolving, requiring practitioners to be up to speed to effectively counsel clients on these benefits. Learning about this topic will enable practitioners to positively impact their clients’ return on investment and enable practitioners to educate clients on how to access cash flow and capital through the trading and monetization of these benefits.
Specifically, our panelists will discuss the current status of the Illinois tax credit, the addition of regulations for the U.S. Virgin Islands production incentive, North Carolina being “back in business” and new local incentives recently introduced by Savannah, Georgia.
We will also hear about the latest legislative proposals in states such as Florida and we will discuss if there are any programs scheduled to “sunset” in the short term.
- An understanding of the production incentive landscape, including the various incentives by locality
- How productions can maximize incentives to improve their financial results
- Recent changes in the production incentive market place with updates on pricing in hot markets
- Changes on the horizon that may change the competitive dynamic across jurisdictions
- How production incentives are recognized through transfers, grants and returns, including how diverse taxpayers access and utilize incentives
Who would benefit most from attending the proposed webinar?
CPAs, CFOs, tax attorneys, entertainment attorneys, transactional attorneys
- Stephen Weizenecker, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
- Joe Bessacini, Vice President, Film & Production Incentives, Cast & Crew Entertainment Services
When: Wednesday, Nov. 18
Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Receive 25% off using promo code: FIRMDISC25