Webinars | On Demand
What Employers Need to Know About the Updated Form I-9 and Verification Procedures
On July 21, the Department of Homeland Security announced a series of long-awaited steps to modernize the I-9 process.
These steps include the publication of a new I-9 form that will become mandatory in the fall and a new modernized procedure for remote verification in selected circumstances.
Please join Barnes & Thornburg and Melissa Prentice of Clear I-9 for a webinar focusing on the latest developments with the new Form I-9 and remote verification requirements. The speakers will discuss:
- New Form I-9 changes and when employers have to start using this new version
- A major overhaul of the M-274 Handbook for Employers
- Updates to the List of Acceptable Documents (LOAD) – catching up with reality
- Conditions for employers to conduct remote verifications
- Practical issues for I-9 compliance
1.5 hours CLE credit and 1.5 hours of HRCI credit pending. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Questions? Email Cassidy Drabek or call 317-261-7942.