Small-Business Series: Strategies for Effective Employee Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
3 p.m.-4 p.m. (Eastern)
Employers of all sizes list labor and employment law compliance as one of their biggest concerns, and for small businesses, complying with new HR rules and regulations is certainly high on the list. This webinar will discuss the legal issues involved with recruiting, hiring and onboarding employees, and provide practical suggestions for navigating those issues, including:
- What to include and not include in your employment application
- How to draft effective job postings and job descriptions
- What questions can and cannot be asked during interviews
- What factors can and should be considered when differentiating between applicants
- What background searches should you perform and how do you lawfully perform those searches and take action based on the results?
- What the I-9 process is and how to perform it
This training will discuss these and many other recruiting, interviewing and hiring questions.
1.0 hour CLE credit pending and 1.0 hour of HRCI credit approved. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Questions? Email Courtney Brown or call 317-231-7312.