Creating an ESOP in the Time of a Pandemic
Noon-1 p.m. (Eastern)
Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) have long been a compelling succession planning technique. In light of the current pandemic, fewer ESOP transactions have closed this year due largely to uncertainty involving business valuations. Nonetheless, as markets rebound and stabilize and businesses regain their footing, ESOPs are becoming more and more viable. Using a case study from a recent ESOP transaction, speakers from Barnes & Thornburg and Katz, Sapper & Miller will cover:
- What is an ESOP?
- Why and when an ESOP makes sense
- Benefits of an ESOP over other exit and succession planning options
- How to create, fund, and operate an ESOP
- The mechanics of an ESOP transaction
- The tax benefits of an ESOP
This program is offered compliments of Barnes & Thornburg and Katz, Sapper & Miller
Questions? Email Lindsay Hulliberger or call 312-214-5661.