COVID-19 Disruptions – A Bankruptcy and Distressed Business Update
1 p.m. - 2 p.m. (Eastern)
In Part 2 of our webinar series, Barnes & Thornburg speakers will address economists’ predictions for large numbers of business bankruptcy filings and out-of-court restructurings in the wake of COVID-19, and ways the $2 trillion CARES Act provisions and other emergency resources may help companies in crisis and their counterparties. This session, presented by the firm’s bankruptcy, corporate, and government services and finance attorneys, will provide a practical business solutions perspective on the pandemic and an informational overview of the three recent federal stimulus packages.
Topics will include:
- The CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program
- Unemployment compensation
- Large corporation loans through the Treasury Department
- SBA loans, including new programs under the CARES Act
- Expansion of the Small Business Bankruptcy provisions of the Bankruptcy Code
- Consumer implications of CARES Act and expanded protection of Chapter 13
- Other helpful programs and future stimulus legislation for companies during this national crisis
- Will we see investor interest in making acquisitions of distressed businesses?
- How best to align with governmental policies as they will likely play out
The session will feature a Q&A; questions will be taken at that time. In addition, when registering, you will have the opportunity to submit questions that could be addressed during the discussion.
Questions? Contact Courtney Brown at email@example.com or 317-231-7312.