Dennis Peterson Partner
Dennis has experience advising private equity, venture capital and corporate strategic investors in their investments and acquisitions. He also represents early and growth companies in general corporate and commercial matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financing transactions.
Specifically, his experience includes*:
- Representing a lead investor in a $70 million venture investment in an early-stage biotech company
- Acting as the lead sellers' counsel in the sale of a private pharmaceutical company to a publicly traded pharmaceutical company for more than $600 million
- Representing an investor syndicate in the sale of a biotech company to a publicly traded pharmaceutical company
- Representing private equity funds in the acquisition of portfolio companies
- Representing venture capital investors in numerous investment transactions
- Representing sellers in various transactions where their businesses were being sold to strategic or financial buyers
- Representing early stage companies regarding venture capital financings
- Representing a private equity-backed technology company in the sale of its primary line of business to a strategic corporate purchaser
- Representing a lead investor in a bridge financing and recapitalization transaction with respect to a publicly traded pharmaceutical research company
Dennis earned B.A. and B.S. degrees, with honors, from the University of Minnesota in 1994 and his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1998, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif.
He is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois.
*This experience occurred prior to joining Barnes & Thornburg