When permit terms are unclear or new construction requirements seem murky, we have the experience you need. Our clients range from companies with straight-forward air permitting needs and compliance questions to entities engaged in substantial industrial activities that result in significant air emissions, major construction projects, and modifications to complex sources of emissions. We assist clients across the country with all aspects of federal, state, and local requirements governing airborne emissions.
Representative clients are those in manufacturing and industries such as steel and other metal-producing and forming; electric power production; petrochemical; fiberglass manufacturing; recreational vehicle manufacturing; and other manufacturing processes.
Our air attorneys have in-depth experience advising clients on issues such as:
- Construction and operating permit issuance, including permit negotiations and appeals
- Planning for new or expanding operations
- New Source Review under the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Non-Attainment programs
- Compliance concerns and counseling to develop compliance assurance programs
- Emissions and operational monitoring and reporting requirements
- Defending clients in enforcement actions brought by governmental entities
- Hazardous air pollutants and NESHAP applicability
- Navigating compliance with National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- Emission limits and emission control technologies
- Banking and trading of Emission Reduction Credits
- Federal and state rulemakings and policy development
- Greenhouse gases
- Defending clients in citizen suits related to enforcement and permitting challenges