These providers face the rapid evolution of federal and state healthcare regulations, in addition to the increased cost of healthcare, a more educated and demanding customer base, and an expanding aging demographic.
Our clients include:
- Long-term care facilities
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Assisted living facilities
- Intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled
- Group homes for persons with disabilities or traumatic brain injuries
- Home health agencies
We assist providers in the planning, development, startup, expansion, and change of ownership of CCRCs and nursing and assisted-living facilities. Our corporate and real estate law focus also helps clients navigate the acquisition and sale of long-term-care facilities and related organizations.
The firm also has significant experience with non-state government-operated nursing facility arrangements involving intergovernmental transfers (IGT) and the Medicaid upper payment limit (UPL) program.