We work with clients to structure transactions and ventures in ways to avoid disputes, but are well-equipped to assist when disputes involving administrative proceedings, government investigations or litigation arise.
On the administrative side, our attorneys have experience resolving licensure, certification and reimbursement matters before state and federal administrative agencies, as well as judicial and appellate review of final agency action. Our firm also has obtained judgments declaring agency regulations to be invalid on grounds that the regulations are either procedurally or substantively defective.
Our attorneys have a record of effectively defending clients against fraud and abuse claims by federal investigative agencies and whistleblowers; we have helped clients avoid litigation by conducting our own investigations and presenting the findings to federal and state prosecutors.
Healthcare providers also turn to us when facing disputes at the administrative and appellate levels involving certificate of need applications.
Whether an administrative dispute, litigation, or simply a disagreement between parties to a contract, we have experience resolving disputes involving:
- Managed care companies
- Health maintenance organizations (HMOs)
- Health systems
- Acute care hospitals
- Critical access hospitals
- Rehabilitation hospitals
- Freestanding psychiatric hospitals
- Licensed practitioners
- Long-term care facilities
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Assisted living facilities
- Intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled
- Group homes for persons with disabilities or traumatic brain injuries
- Retail and institutional pharmacies
- Clinical laboratories
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Diagnostic imaging centers
- Dialysis providers
- Urgent care centers
- Workplace clinics
- Physician practice groups
- Dental practices