Navigating Multifamily Radon Policies - A Comprehensive Discussion
Join us for an insightful webinar addressing the critical issue of radon exposure in multifamily buildings, a leading cause of lung cancer responsible for over 21,000 annual deaths.
This radioactive gas, prevalent in many properties, demands attention to mitigate health risks and navigate liability challenges.
- Understand the prevalence of radon and its impact on health
- Explore the substantial costs associated with treating radon-induced lung cancer
HUD Multifamily Radon Policy
- Examine HUD's 2013 policy requiring full building characterization for radon potential
- Gain insights into mitigation actions for identified radon concentrations
- Understand ongoing requirements for building maintenance and monitoring
GSEs (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) Policy
- Delve into the GSEs' multifamily radon policy implemented in July 2023
- Focus on limited building characterization and specific mitigation actions
- Understand key differences from HUD's policy and their implications
Liability and Health Equity Challenges
- Analyze significant differences between HUD and GSE policies
- Explore implications for liability and health equity challenges in multifamily buildings
- Understand the responsibilities of stakeholders in managing these challenges
- Learn about the role of states in regulating radon exposure in multifamily buildings
- Explore how state regulations influence policy implementation
Don't miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights and strategies for addressing multifamily radon challenges. Register now to secure your spot!
1.0 hour CLE credit pending.
Questions? Email Cassidy Drabek or call 317-261-7942.