Labor and Employment Legal Update Roundtable
Employers continue to encounter a head-spinning number of labor and employment law developments.
Key developments occur regularly in federal and state courts and legislatures, the EEOC, NLRB, the Department of Labor, and the Federal Trade Commission. These changes have profound and lasting effects on how employers must operate.
During this seminar, Barnes & Thornburg attorneys will provide an overview of the most significant labor and employment law developments from 2022 and the first half of 2023. The speakers will offer practical strategies and advice to help companies navigate ongoing and future issues through 2023 and beyond.
The topics include:
- New state and federal legislation affecting the workplace
- NLRB announcements and decisions affecting union and non-union employers
- The Pregnancy Fairness Act and other reasonable accommodation trends
- The EEOC’s recent artificial intelligence (AI) guidance
- Recent non-compete developments and other changes that affect your ability to protect trade secrets and confidential information
- Implementation of SECURE 2.0 Act benefit plan changes
Registration is 7:15 a.m.-7:30 a.m., and the roundtable is 7:30 a.m.-9 a.m. Breakfast will be provided.
1.5 hours CLE credit and 1.5 hours of HRCI credit pending. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Questions? Email Amy Kintz or call 574-237-1140.