Annual Review: Non-Compete and Trade Secret Protection for Employers
Make sure you are keeping up with unprecedented developments across the United States.
Experienced Barnes & Thornburg litigators will review what employers need to know about non-competes and trade secret protection, and how different states approach the issues.
How State Laws Drive Non-compete Strategy
- Why other states’ laws are important
- Is continuing employment sufficient consideration?
- Will the court modify the agreement to make it enforceable
- Recent state law developments
Drafting and Administration
- How aggressive should you be in setting restrictions?
- How do you handle the differences between states?
- How do you phase in non-competes with current employees?
- Do you have to go after every violation?
- Should you send a cease-and-desist letter first?
- How quickly should you act?
- Everybody wants a TRO: Reasons to win the war at a preliminary injunction hearing instead
Status and Potential Impact of FTC and NLRB Rule-Making on Non-competes
Trade Secret Developments
1.0 hour CLE credit and 1.0 hour of HRCI credit pending. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Questions? Email Cassidy Drabek or call 317-261-7942.