Legal Primer for Black Small-Business Owners: Intellectual Property 101
2 p.m.-3 p.m. (Eastern)
Depending on the type of product or service your business provides to consumers, it is likely that intellectual property is a crucial component and most valuable asset.
If you are a small business owner or are thinking about launching a startup, it is imperative to learn about which intellectual property rights are applicable to your business.
Darrick Hooker will provide an overview of patents and discuss:
- Types of inventions that qualify for patents
- Patent application process
- Rights conferred by a patent
- Patent infringement
Caitlin Byczko will explore the considerations for choosing and protecting a strong trademark and brand and discuss:
- Selecting a strong trademark
- Trademark clearance
- Trademark application process
- Trademark Infringement
Angela B. Freeman will provide an overview of copyright law and discuss:
- Copyright protection and your company’s creative works
- Advertising and marketing your small business
- Copyright infringement
The webinar will feature a Q&A session. You may ask questions during the Q&A or submit them when you register.
Questions? Email Jodie Daugherty or call 317-261-7922.