Eileen S. Pruitt is a partner in the Litigation Department and represents corporate, manufacturing and governmental clients. She has handled cases in federal and state courts throughout the country.
Eileen focuses her practice on commercial litigation and product liability defense.
Representative cases include:
- Assisted client in obtaining a multi-million dollar arbitration award in favor of a product distributor in breach of contract action.
- Represented client in securing a complete defense verdict after a two-week jury trial involving tort and contract claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national products manufacturer in federal district court and successfully defended judgment on appeal.
- Defended a components manufacturer in significant multi-week jury trial involving contract, product liability and construction defect claims.
- Represented several national trade associations as amici curiae in Federal Circuit Court involving nationwide class certification issue.
Eileen counsels clients in risk management and litigation avoidance, and directing and conducting internal investigations in a variety of matters, including Title IX issues. She also handles national litigation, often involving complex traditional and electronic discovery issues, alternative dispute resolution and trial and appellate practice.
She has experience litigating claims involving commercial contracts, product liability, construction defects, non-compete agreements and employment issues. Her work in these matters routinely involves working with experts in areas such as chemistry, metallurgy, industry custom and practice, forensic accounting, and economic damages.
Eileen earned her B.A., cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame and her J.D. from Notre Dame Law School. She interned for the Honorable Kenneth Ripple of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Court and Magistrate Judge Christopher Nuechterlein of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Prior to pursuing her legal career, Eileen worked for a number of years developing relationships with local, regional, national and international corporations on behalf of a national university.
Eileen is admitted to practice in the state of Indiana and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Active in the community, she participates in a variety of civil and professional organizations, including the Indiana State Bar Association, the St. Joseph County Bar Association, the Robert A. Grant Inn of Court, the Advisory Board for the Salvation Army/Kroc Center of St. Joseph County and the Notre Dame Alumni Association. Eileen is also an active member of the firm's recruiting committee, interviewing and mentoring summer associates.