- INSIGHTS & EVENTS
Professional and Community Involvement
Fellow, American College of Construction Lawyers (2012)
Member, American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry
Member and past president, Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
Inaugural member, American College of Coverage Counsel
Trained mediator, American Arbitration Association
Trained arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
Board of Trustees, Chicago Architecture Center
Chambers USA, 2008-2020 (Band 1)
Leading Lawyers Top Ten Construction Lawyer, Illinois, 2017
The Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2021
- Counsel for a multi-national chemical company as the owner in arbitration and mediation proceedings arising out of a modernization project for a U.S. production facility involving complex breach of contract, delay and disruption claims exceeding $40 million.
- Multi-party mediation (and arbitration) of claims involving more than $100 million in damages arising out of the construction of a large Chicago hospital.
- Counsel for a prime exterior cladding subcontractor. Ability to settle claims at mediation required resolution of related insurance coverage issues under CGL and professional liability insurance policies.
- Counsel for a subcontractor in a federal court multi-party "bet the company" case arising out of the construction of a 16 acre standing seam metal roof on a warehouse that leaked. Settlement of construction claims required the resolution of related issues under client's CGL policy.
- Counsel for a large German REIT owner in litigation and mediation of construction and design defect claims arising out of a unique and complex four story glass lobby wall supported by stainless steel cable cables. Successful resolution of all claims at mediation achieved, in part, due to ability to successfully resolve related insurance coverage issues under CGL and professional liability insurance policies.
- Counsel for a large municipality in connection with hundreds of design claims arising out of a multi-billion dollar airport runway expansion project. Created, negotiated and implemented custom mediation process under which eight parties addressed and successfully resolved all claims within 18 months at a fraction of the cost of litigation. . Settlement also required resolution of complex issues under a $50 million wrap professional liability insurance policy.
- Insurance coverage counsel for a large Japanese general contractor in connection with $100 million insurance claim under CGL policies for damage caused by the subcontractor's defective sub-surface concrete work at an automobile parts plant located in Indiana.
- Counsel for developers, contractors and prime subcontractors in mediation, arbitration and litigation for construction and insurance claims arising out of the construction of high rise residential towers, condominiums, apartments and school dormitories, including claims for water intrusion, condensation and/or mold.