The Multi-Verse of Entertainment Tax Credits and Production Incentives: Maximizing the Benefits for You and Your Client
Entertainment industry production incentives have a real impact on the bottom line of not only production companies (film, television and video games), but also on taxpayers who take advantage of these incentives as a state and local tax mitigation strategy. Hear the latest updates on recent legislative and administrative changes. Specifically, our panelists will discuss the recent amendments to the Georgia Entertainment Investment Incentive Act, as well as the up-to-the-minute information from the Florida legislature’s budget discussions that are likely to shape the state’s 2015 film tax incentive.
These incentives also significantly affect the selection of filming locations. The types of benefits are complex and ever-evolving, requiring practitioners to be up to speed to effectively counsel clients on these benefits. Learning about this topic will enable practitioners to positively impact their clients’ return on investment and enable practitioners to educate clients on how to access cash flow and capital through the trading and monetization of these benefits.
- An understanding of the production incentive landscape, including the various incentives by locality
- How productions can maximize incentives to improve their financial results
- Recent changes in the production incentive market place with updates on pricing in hot markets
- Changes on the horizon that may change the competitive dynamic across jurisdictions
- How production incentives are recognized through transfers, grants and returns, including how diverse taxpayers access and utilize incentives
Who would benefit most from attending the proposed webinar?
CPAs, CFOs, tax attorneys, entertainment attorneys, transactional attorneys
- Stephen Weizenecker | Partner | Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Asante Bradford | Project Manager-Digital Entertainment | Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Joe Bessacini | Vice President, Film & Production Incentives | Cast & Crew Entertainment Services
When: Tuesday, June 23
Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m. (ET) | noon - 1:30 p.m. (CT) | 10 - 11:30 a.m. (PT)
Receive 25% off using promo code: FIRMDISC25