Attorney Presentations | Firm-Sponsored Events
Non-Compete and Trade Secret Protection for Employers
What: Non-Compete and Trade Secret Protection for Employers: Current Issues and Trends in Indiana, Ohio and Nationally
When: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 | Noon - 1 p.m. ET
Where: This is a Barnes & Thornburg webinar | Register Now!
How State Laws Drive Noncompete Strategy
- Why other states' laws are more important than you think
- Is continuing employment sufficient consideration?
- Will the court modify the agreement to make it enforceable?
Drafting and Administration
- How aggressive should you be in setting restrictions?
- How do you handle the differences between states?
- How do you phase in noncompetes with current employers?
- Do you have to go after every violation?
- Should you send a cease and desist letter first?
- How quickly should you act?
- Everybody wants a TRO: Reasons to win the war at a preliminary injunction hearing
Trade Secret Issues
- The Uniform Trade Secrets Act & differences among states
- Who owns the social media contacts?
- The inevitable disclosure doctrine
- The Federal Trade Secrets Act
CLE and HRCI Credits Available
Cost: Free to attorneys, HR professionals, and managers affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg clients. $25 to all others.