National Business Institute: Partnership and Shareholder Disputes From Start to Finish
Represent Your Client When Business Gets Personal!
When business gets personal, how can you protect your clients and maintain their investment? Whether a business organizes as a partnership, corporation or LLC, disputes among owners and managers often require legal assistance. Fast and effective counsel and representation is necessary to keep businesses from folding. This seminar prepares attorneys for all phases of ownership disputes - from the initial triggers to the final settlement - from both defendant and plaintiff perspectives. Our faculty will take you through this commercial litigation boot camp so you are fully prepared to handle disputes for your small-business clients. Register today!
- Stay up to date on how to handle disputes that arise in various business entities.
- Learn first-hand what judges expect (and want) from attorneys handling business disputes before the court.
- Gain tools to pursue your case in mediation, arbitration, and trial.
- Build your case through subpoenas and protect your client's information with protective orders.
- Learn how to prepare and examine forensic accountant and valuation expert witnesses for deposition.
- Discover tips for negotiating favorable buy-outs.
- Avoid conflicts of interest when representing a firm that you helped create.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate seminar examines shareholder/member/partner disputes from start to finish. It is best suited for attorneys. Paralegals, business mediators, business owners, and court officers may also benefit.
- Where Disagreement Becomes Legal Dispute: Blurred Lines in Small Businesses
- A Judge's View of Business Litigation
- Interpreting Essential Documents to Build Your Case
- Arbitration and Mediation: Handling Business Disputes with Minimal Conflict
- Tools for Plaintiffs and Defendants in Shareholder/Membership/Partnership Disputes
- Resolving the Case: What Winning Can Look Like
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits