Health Care Reform and Beyond Webinar: Playing a Different Tune After 2014
The courts and federal agencies are changing the landscape for health and other employee benefit plans in unprecedented ways. While health plans historically demanded little attention from plan sponsors, in terms of compliance, that will no longer be the case. This program will focus on these important topics confronting employers with respect to their health and other welfare benefit plans.
- Why every employer needs a complete health plan document and the key issues every plan document needs to address
- The planned, significant increase in DOL and IRS enforcement activity - what it means and how to prepare
- Re-engaging in evaluating the employer shared responsibility rules and other health reform actions expected to take effect for 2015
- Preparing for federal agency audits
When: Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014 | 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. ET
- Michael G. Paton, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP - Michael is a partner with Barnes & Thornburg LLP, resident in the firm’s largest office in Indianapolis, IN where he is a member of the Corporate Department and Chairman of the Compensation and Employee Benefits Practice Group. For over 25 years he has concentrated his practice on the many legal issues surrounding employee benefits. Mr. Paton received a B.B.A. degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame in 1982. He received his J.D. magna cum laude in 1985 from Indiana University School of Law-Bloomington.
- Jack Towarnicky, Employee Benefits Attorney, Willis - Jack has more than 34 years of human resources/benefits experience – including leadership positions at four different Fortune 500 companies before coming to Willis. Jack was appointed to the Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration’s Advisory Council and completed his three year term in 2012. Jack received his LLM-Employee Benefits with honors from John Marshall Law School, his JD from South Texas College of Law, and his MBA and BBA, Business Economics from Cleveland State.
Reigster here for this free webinar. Login information will be provided upon registration.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or (317) 261-7922.