Several members of Barnes & Thornburg’s Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group will be speaking in an upcoming webinar, “Attorney Ethics in Insurance Coverage Matters,” scheduled for Dec. 6 from 3 - 4:30 p.m. EST. Key takeaways include:
- Learn about specific situations that give rise to a potential right to independent counsel and concerns that you as a policyholder should consider when deciding whether to insist on independent counsel.
- Additionally, learn how different states including yours resolve whether a right to independent counsel exists.
- Understand problematic provisions in insurance company outside counsel guidelines and the effect on representation and malpractice coverage.
- Hear tips for negotiating outside counsel guidelines with insurance carriers to avoid unreasonable burden.
- Finally, gain guidance on the sometimes complicated privilege and work product nuances in the context of insurance coverage disputes