Our core strength is resolving family law matters involving complex financial and tax issues, often involving substantial incomes, assets and financial holdings. With a focus on wealth preservation, our family law attorneys are experienced in determining the financial, business and tax ramifications of valuing and dividing assets.
Clients typically include owners of closely held businesses; entrepreneurs; senior executives of public and private companies; professionals; settlors and beneficiaries of substantial and varied trusts; professional athletes and coaches; and political and public figures. Such clients often recognize the financial complexity of their situation, and value the depth and breadth of our family law experience. We have represented many clients with international real estate holdings and have also worked on complex child custody disputes.
We recognize the realities of business ownership and the necessity for continued successful operation of businesses beyond divorce. We work closely with lawyers in the firm who advise businesses and individuals on tax law and commercial and individual real estate holdings, and those who work with family offices and private wealth management.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully negotiating to settlement, and litigating when necessary, multimillion dollar complex marriage dissolution matters
- Representing business executives in publicly held companies, including Fortune 100 companies, regarding executive compensation, vested and unvested stock options, restricted stock interests, deferred compensation, and a variety of other qualified and non-qualified employee benefit plans
- Successfully litigating and settling, for and against, substantial spousal maintenance claims
- Successfully litigating and settling complex property division cases while protecting nonmarital assets
- Addressing claims of misappropriation of marital assets
- Negotiating antenuptial agreements while protecting wealth
- Reaching favorable settlements in contested physical and legal custody cases
- Representing families with disabled children relating to potential uses for special and supplemental needs trusts in family law cases.