Recognizing the threat that class actions pose, we employ aggressive litigation strategies and proactive case management techniques to zealously defend our clients, who range from household names to smaller companies producing innovative consumer products. Our subject matter expertise spans multiple product and industry sectors, including:
- Consumer health and beauty
- Retail pharmacies and big box chains
- Consumer goods manufacturing
- Higher education
- Financial services and lending
Clients rely on our skilled trial attorneys to defend those suits, which often have underlying claims related to product liability, antitrust, securities, toxic and other torts, false advertising, professional liability, labor and employment, ERISA, and unfair competition. We are deeply familiar with the variety of forms that class actions can take, including:
- Claims asserted under unfair competition, false advertising and consumer legal remedies acts, such as California’s Business and Professions Code Section 17200
- Consumer protection and privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act or the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Product liability claims, framed as class actions
- Sherman Act claims, or other private-attorney general claims seeking to enforce federal or state regulations governing our clients’ products.
We routinely advise on pre-suit threats and risk mitigation procedures, and once a suit has been filed, we are fully equipped to handle any challenge the case may present. Our wide-ranging experience litigating these issues – and our access to regulatory, privacy, appellate and product liability specialists, who routinely consult on and provide additional expertise in these areas – make us well positioned to tackle the substance of these claims. Our deep bench of trial attorneys, which includes 15 former U.S. Attorneys and Assistant U.S. Attorneys, as well as a number of former county and state prosecutors, is ready to step in and defend these matters, should they proceed to trial.
With offices spanning the country and a team of attorneys who have litigated in virtually every state and federal jurisdictions – including some of the most challenging forums for defending against class claims – we are uniquely positioned to deliver results that are cost-effective and scalable to the demands of the case, that minimize business interruption and exposure, and that help mitigate against future risk.