We have worked with clients on how to best plan for and execute downsizing, including:
- Planning layoffs to comply with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
- Giving notices, including required disclosures, in a WARN Act situation
- Drafting severance and release agreements
- Analysis of potential withdrawal liability issues in unionized environments
- Negotiating with unions over organized employers- downsizing
Barnes & Thornburg attorneys also advise clients on the proper ways to create and use evaluation tools that will result in the selection of workers for termination in a RIF, using procedures that are compliant with federal and state anti-discrimination laws.