Barnes & Thornburg has announced members of its 2021-2022 Management Committee and officers, including recently elected office managing partners. Committee officers are Robert T. Grand as chair, Andrew J. Detherage as vice chair and Connie A. Lahn as secretary. The firm had previously announced that Grand will be stepping down as firm managing partner and chair in November 2022, to be immediately succeeded by Detherage.
In addition, the partnership elected two new at-large members to the management committee, Norma W. Zeitler and Mark W. Kindelin, both in Chicago. John C. Smarrella, who had been an at-large member, was elected managing partner of the South Bend and Elkhart offices; the former office managing partner, Phillip J. Faccenda, has become an at-large committee member.
Firm Managing Partner
- Robert T. Grand (Indianapolis)
Office Managing Partners
- David C. Allen (Los Angeles)
- Mark W. Bayer (Dallas)
- D. Randall Brown (Fort Wayne)
- Brian L. Burdick (Indianapolis)
- Michael A. Carrillo (Chicago)
- Roscoe C. Howard, Jr. (Washington, D.C.)
- John T.L. Koenig (Atlanta)
- Connie A. Lahn (Minneapolis)
- William A. Nolan (Columbus)
- John C. Smarrella (South Bend and Elkhart)
- Robert R. Stead (Grand Rapids)
At-large Management Committee Members
- Andrew J. Detherage (Indianapolis)
- Philip J. Faccenda, Jr. (South Bend)
- Heather D. Harris (Indianapolis)
- Jeffrey A. Hopper (Indianapolis)
- Mark T. Kindelin (Chicago)
- Scott M. Simmonds (Indianapolis)
- Melissa A. Vallone (Chicago)
- Donald E. Williams (Indianapolis)
- Norma W. Zeitler (Chicago)
Also selected to serve are the following partners in charge, Allen R. Baum (Raleigh), Robert J. Boller (New York), Thomas P. McGonigle (Delaware) and Troy Zander (San Diego), with Boller and McGonigle as the two newest members.
With more than 700 attorneys and other legal professionals, Barnes & Thornburg is one of the largest law firms in the country. The firm serves clients worldwide from offices in Atlanta, Boston, California, Chicago, Delaware, Indiana, Michigan, Minneapolis, New York, Ohio, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, Texas and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit us online at www.btlaw.com or on Twitter @BTLawNews.