Understanding Recent Changes to the H-1B Program, Prevailing Wages, Visa Bulletin and Presidential Proclamations
12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
October has been a busy month for immigration issues. The October Visa Bulletin moved forward significantly for many backlogged countries, resulting in an unanticipated opportunity for many foreign workers to complete their green card application process. Concurrently, USCIS and the DOL both issued new Interim Final Rules that would make significant, harmful changes to the H-1B and PERM program. Join our panelists to learn more about these topics and more:
- Changes to prevailing wages for H-1Bs and PERMs
- Proposed changes to the H-1B program
- The Visa Bulletin
- The latest developments in litigation involving the Presidential Proclamation suspending the issuance of H-1B, L-1, and J-1 visas
- Increases to premium processing fees and other anticipated changes resulting from the most recent Congressional Appropriations Act
- The status of the USCIS fee increase
1.0 hour CLE credit pending. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Questions? Email Siara Reyes or call 317-231-7211.