Taking Commercial Real Estate's Temperature: How the Industry Is Coping With COVID-19
Noon-1:30 p.m. (Central)
The commercial real estate industry (CRE) has already started to adjust to the “new normal” created by the global pandemic and related federal, state and local responses. There remain a number of unanswered questions facing CRE professionals – investors, lenders, and asset managers, as well as in-house and outside lawyers. Join us for a multidisciplinary discussion by Barnes & Thornburg’s Dallas-based attorneys about the most pressing COVID-related issues facing CRE.
During the presentation we will discuss:
Lessons Learned So Far
- Critical developments in CRE ligitation
- The challenging search for attractive CRE deals
- The unintended consequences of the Federal response
- Commercial lease “surprises” (not in a good way)
What Comes Next
- How will the unprecedented monetary response affect CRE investment
- How to negotiate CRE contracts in the “new normal”
- How will CRE disputes be resolved differently than before
- How could the election results impact CRE
Ethical Considerations for In-House Counsel
- The impact of economic turbulence on lawyer sanctions
- Ethical “traps” to watch out for during a crisis
1.5 hours CLE credit pending, including .50 hours of ethics CLE credit. CLE credit is valid in Texas only.
Questions? Email Siara Reyes or call 317-231-7211.