Noncompete and Trade Secret Protection for Midwestern Employers
Make Sure Your Program is Keeping Up With Developments Across the U.S.
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Attorneys from Barnes & Thornburg will review what employers need to know about noncompetes and trade secret protection and how different states approach the issues.
How State Laws Drive Noncompete Strategy
- Why other states' laws are more important than you think
- Is continuing employment sufficient consideration?
- Will the court modify the agreement to make it enforceable?
- State law statutory and judicial developments in the last year
Drafting and Administration
- How aggressive should you be in setting restrictions?
- How do you handle the differences between states?
- How do you phase in noncompetes with current employees?
- Do you have to go after every violation?
- Should you send a cease and desist letter first?
- How quickly should you act?
- Everybody wants a TRO: Reasons to win the war at a preliminary injunction hearing on trade secret issues
- The Uniform Trade Secrets Act and differences among states
- Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act After Two Years: The Impact