Noncompete and Trade Secret Protection for Employers
Attorneys from Barnes & Thornburg will review what employers need to know about noncompetes and trade secret protection and how different states approach the issues.
How State Laws Drive Noncompete Strategy
- Why other states' laws are more important than you think
- Is continuing employment sufficient consideration?
- Will the court modify the agreement to make it enforceable?
- State law statutory and judicial developments in the last year
Drafting and Administration
- How aggressive should you be in setting restrictions?
- How do you handle the differences between states?
- How do you phase in noncompetes with current employees?
- Do you have to go after every violation?
- Should you send a cease and desist letter first?
- How quickly should you act?
- Everybody wants a TRO: Reasons to win the war at a preliminary injunction hearing Trade Secret Issues
- The Uniform Trade Secrets Act and differences among states
- Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act: What does it change?
Barnes & Thornburg speakers: John Maley, partner and William Nolan, partner
Date: Friday, October 7, 2016
Time: 12:30-1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
1.0 Hours of CLE, HRCI and SHRM Credits Pending. This program is offered compliments of Barnes & Thornburg's Labor and Employment Law Department.
Questions? Contact Courtney Brown at email@example.com or (317) 231-7312.