Webinars | On Demand
COVID-19 - Taking Care of Your Business and Employees
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (Eastern)
Learn the latest about COVID-19, from its cause to its effects.
- Current Status of COVID-19
- Update on What’s Known Regarding Transmission
- Infection Control
Hear about the legal overlay of various employment laws with employers’ decisional processes about how to best address and limit employee exposure to COVID-19 in their workplace and discuss some key strategies for addressing this rapidly developing public health issue.
- ADA/FMLA/Legal Compliance Considerations
- OSHA Compliance Considerations
- Best Practices and Considerations – Infection Containment
- Duty to Provide Safe Work Environment and OSHA Considerations
- Treatment of Exempt Employees if Business Closes for a Few Days
Immigration and Travel Impacts
The U.S. government now has travel restrictions in place for travelers from China and Iran, with the potential for further restrictions to be enacted for visitors from Italy and South Korea.
- As other countries continue enacting travel restrictions, it is becoming increasingly more challenging to secure the admission into the United States of travelers from the affected countries
- This situation continues to evolve; hear the latest recommendations about traveling abroad and visa processing during the COVID-19 outbreak
COVID-19: What K-12 and Higher Education Employers Should Know
Hear what schools and institutes of higher education need to be considering as illness strikes more communities.
- Study Abroad Programs and Travel Restrictions
- Maintaining Student and Staff Confidentiality
- Preparing for School and Program Closures and Requested Leave
Communicating Uncertainty in Uncertain Times
What are the best practices for communicating with employees, the media and other stakeholders during this outbreak? Hear top tips from a public relations professional.
- The Benefits of Transparency
- Working With the Media
- Balancing Emotion With Logic in Your Message
- Communicating Business Continuity
Non-Barnes & Thornburg Speakers
Dr. Matt Wack - Infectious Disease Physician
Chris Lukach - GreenTarget
Questions? Contact Courtney Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-231-7312.