Construction, Design, and Environmental Problems in Municipal Facilities
Most municipalities have responsibility for a myriad of facilities that require regular maintenance, permitting for new construction and renovations, and a cadre of construction projects. Taking a proactive approach to facility maintenance, the permitting process, and construction claim resolution can make all the difference in ensuring that buildings are serving their intended purpose and not harming the local environment.
Join attorneys from Barnes & Thornburg LLP and experts from Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates for this informative program on how to:
- Implement simple steps, at little or no cost, to improve code compliance of design and construction
- Uncover potentially dangerous deficiencies that occur too often in design and construction
- Find and prioritize critical deterioration and aging issues so that you can improve public safety
- Avoid common problems such as water leakage, condensation, organic growth, and building envelope distress in buildings
- Negotiate construction contracts and solutions to avoid frequently litigated provisions, including delay and disruption claims
- Address environmental consequences related to failures or unauthorized releases
- Approach and resolve construction defect claims and insurance coverage issues with alternative dispute resolution methods
The program will also include case studies and a roundtable discussion designed specifically to address the concerns of municipalities.
Thursday, March 24, 2016
Location: Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
One S. Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. (Eastern)
Program: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Barnes & Thornburg Presenters
Tim Abeska, Partner
Thomas Engle, Partner
Karoline Jackson, Partner
Jeffrey Longsworth, Partner
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Presenters
Steve Bruns, Associate Principal
Ernest Rogella, Associate Principal
Logan Cook, Associate III
3.0 CLE Credits Pending / 1.0 AIA CES Credit
This program provided compliments of Barnes & Thornburg's Construction Law Practice Group and Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates
Questions? Contact Jodie Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 261-7922.