Webinars | Speaking Engagements
Class Action Lawsuits and Insurance Coverage Implications
3;00 - 4:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Class actions can be very damaging to and costly for companies. Securing a defense and indemnity from an insurance carrier during a class action may save millions. Insurance coverage issues raised by class actions can be difficult to navigate. Join Barnes & Thornburg’s Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group for a 60-minute CLE webinar to discuss important insurance coverage issues related to class action lawsuits.
The presentation will answer the following questions:
- What coverages typically apply to class action lawsuits?
- Can I get my insurance carrier to provide a defense even when the suit does not currently include covered claims?
- When should I give notice to my insurance carrier of a possible class action and how do I know which carriers to contact?
- Can I obtain coverage under multiple insurance policies for class periods spanning multiple policy years?
- Is there coverage when a class action seeks restitution?
- Could how the settlement is structured affect coverage?
- What steps can I take now to improve coverage for any future class actions?
1.0 hour CLE credit pending
Questions? Contact Jodie Daugherty at email@example.com or (317) 261-7922.