3rd Annual Shirley's Legacy: Honoring Indiana's Trailblazing Women
Barnes & Thornburg LLP invites you to a reception as the firm honors its late partner, Shirley Shideler, and trailblazing women lawyers in Indiana. This year, we honor five general counsels who operate on the global stage in Indiana. Join us to recognize:
- Judi Sobecki, U.S. General Counsel, The AES Corporation
- Sharon Barner, Vice President and General Counsel, Cummins Inc.
- Erin Roth, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Wabash National Corporation
- Carrie Hightman, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, NiSource Inc.
- Cynthia Kretz, Vice President and General Counsel, Cook Group Inc.
In September 1963, Shirley was offered a position as an associate, and thus became the first female associate at Barnes & Thornburg and at any other major law firm in the state. In 1971, Shirley became the first woman to be named a partner in a large Indiana law firm. She continued to blaze a trail in her work at Barnes & Thornburg and in the legal community when, in 1998, she became the first woman president of the Indiana Bar Foundation.
Shirley died in 2003, but has remained an important part of Barnes & Thornburg’s history as a leading Indiana and national firm. Join us as we honor Shirley’s legacy and other prominent women lawyers at a reception on:
Location: Barnes & Thornburg LLP 11 S. Meridian Street Indianapolis, IN 46204
When: Thursday, September 21, 2017
Time: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. - Program and Networking *remarks will begin at 6:30 p.m.