Speaking Engagements | Webinars
Advanced Export Controls: ITAR and EAR
An advanced course on U.S. export controls and sanctions with practical exercises and content addressing recent developments and more complex issues.
After completing this course, you will be able to better understand recent developments and apply complex U.S. export controls and sanctions analyses. This one-day advanced seminar is designed for business executives; trade compliance professionals including export compliance officers and ITAR empowered officials; international contracting specialists; contract managers and administrators; program and project managers; marketing professionals; legal advisors; and any individuals with substantive experience in dealing with U.S. export controls under the ITAR and EAR or sanctions administered by OFAC.
What you will learn:
- Russia and China-specific controls
- Commodity jurisdiction/classification with focus on “specially designed” analysis
- EAR Military End Use/User rules
- Handling controlled technical data and technology; identifying deemed exports
- Software and encryption controls
- EAR de minimis and foreign direct product rules
- U.S. sanctions screening and diligence, including challenges of the “50% rule”
- U.S. export controls and sanctions diligence concerns for M&A transactions
- Voluntary disclosure and compliance best practices
The seminar provides a forum for an extensive, incisive analysis of critical export controls and sanctions issues in a dynamic and changing regulatory environment. Best practices will be presented and discussed by the class. The course will include information on recent ITAR, EAR and OFAC sanctions developments and their potential impact on companies’ compliance programs. Recent enforcement actions will be used as case studies, and students will participate in practical exercises featuring hypothetical problems.
Prerequisite: At least six months of ITAR, EAR or sanctions experience, or attendance at the Basic Export Controls and Sanctions course.
This live virtual course is eligible for both CLE and CPE credit.