Basic ITAR - September 2022
September 13, 2022 | 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Pacific)
A fundamental overview of the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR).
This course will help you understand the U.S. laws and Federal agencies that regulate the export of hardware and technology from the U.S. Attendees will gain an understanding of how these regulations impact your ability to do business in the international marketplace.
What you will learn:
This introductory virtual course is for business executives, international contracting specialists, contract managers and administrators, program and project managers, marketing professionals, engineers and other technical personnel, newly appointed export compliance officers, logistics personnel, and legal and financial advisors.
- Interpret the US munitions list
- Recognize export licensing requirements
- Initiate an internal compliance program
- Self-classify hardware and/or technology
- Draft a commodity Jurisdiction Request
- Register your organization with the State Department
- Apply for an export license
- Develop a technology transfer plan