Small-Business Series: Navigating the New Landscape
3 p.m.-4 p.m. (Eastern)
Please join Barnes & Thornburg speakers as they address unfolding legislation and legislative policy initiatives affecting small businesses in the wake of COVID-19 disruptions. The panel will discuss ways the $2 trillion CARES Act provisions, subsequent stimulus and relief measures, and other emergency resources intended to help companies in crisis, as well as how this is impacting counterparties. Our discussion will focus on funding sources and the landscape of distressed businesses, particularly small businesses with less than $7.5 million in liquidated debt.
This session, part of a series presented by our bankruptcy, corporate, and government services and finance attorneys, will provide practical business solutions and an overview of the recent federal stimulus packages.
Topics will include:
- The CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program and subsequent amendments, along with changes related to recent comments made by President Biden
- Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Unemployment compensation
- SBA loans, including new programs under the CARES Act
- Expansion of the small-business bankruptcy provisions of the Bankruptcy Code
- Consumer implications of CARES Act and expanded protection of Chapter 13
- Other helpful programs and future stimulus legislation
- Will we see investor interest in making acquisitions of distressed businesses?
- How best to align with governmental policies as they will likely play out
The webinar will feature a Q&A session. You may ask questions during the Q&A or submit them when you register.
Questions? Email Courtney Brown or call 317-231-7312.