APABA-Indiana's Annual Lunar New Year CLE Webinar
1 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Join us for this informative annual seminar, this year offered virtually, that explores important legal issues in our time.
1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Presenters will explore legal and policy issues relating to race and higher education and will focus on alleged racial discrimination in admissions decisions at institutions of higher learning, specifically, Students for Fair Admission v. Harvard and United States v. Yale.
- Asheesh Agarwal,Board Member, APABA-Indiana (Moderator)
- Debo Adegbile, WilmerHale, Partner / Counsel to Harvard University
- John Daukas, Former Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division
- Wen Fa, Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation and authored PLF's amicus brief in the Harvard case
- Jin Hee Lee, Senior Deputy Director of Litigation, NAACP Legal Defense Fund
2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Presenters will discuss anticipated developments with the Biden administration, including changes in enforcement and policy in the following areas: Department of Labor, OSHA, NLRB, EEOC, and immigration.
- Mark Kittaka, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
- Michael Durham, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
ONLY INDIANA CLE WILL BE PROVIDED
This CLE is sponsored by the ABABA-IN, Barnes & Thornburg LLP, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indianapolis Bar Association, American Constitution Society (ACS), the Federalist Society, NAPABA, IU McKinney School of Law Asian Law Student Association (ALSA) and IU Maurer School of Law Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (APALSA).
Questions? Email Courtney Brown or call 317-231-7312.